The Asbury Park City Council is scheduled to hold a workshop meeting at 6 p.m. Monday in council chambers at City Hall, located at 1 Municipal Plaza.
A public participation session is scheduled to take place near the end of the meeting, after comments from city officials.
Items on the agenda for the meeting include the following Special Event considerations:
• Asbury Park Music Foundation’s Chairs of Inclusion event from 2 to 4 p.m. Nov. 27 at the transportation
• Paranormal Books and Curiosities’ Krampus AP event from 4:30 to 6 p.m. December 5 in Press Plaza, which includes a costume parade from Merchants Park to Press Plaza and sidewalk sale.
• Asbury Park Music Foundation’s proposed Springwood Summer Music Series, with eight dates throughout July and August 2016 in Springwood Park.
• Asbury Park Police Sgt. Carmen Gagliano will discuss a program for the procurement of federal surplus property via the Department of Defense.
• Director of Planning and Development Michele Alonso will give a discuss reactivating the city’s agreement with the state Department of Environmental Protection for the city’s 12 Brownfields Development Areas. The state provides up to $5 million per year for the cleanup of the environmentally blighted areas. The city is responsible for 25 percent of the remediation expenses.
• Alonso will also present a proposed subdivision at Overlook Park within the Central Business District [CBD] to allow adjacent property owner Lake Group to use a 25’ x 100’ strip of land for their development purposes.
• City Clerk Cindy Dye will discuss possible increases to the Mercantile Licensing Fees.
• The City Council will discuss the Charter of the Wesley Lake Commission; establishing the 2015/2016 Best Practices; 2016 Professional Service Contracts; 2016 Meeting Dates and Schedule; temporary encroachments in the city’s rights-of-way by Happiness Café and Talula’s, both on Cookman Avenue; and House of Independents airspace easement request for their marquee sign.
The Asbury Park Sun is affiliated with the triCityNews newspaper.