The city council is scheduled to meet tomorrow in council chambers at City Hall. A closed executive session will start at 5 p.m., followed by a workshop session at 6 p.m. and a regular council meeting at 7 p.m.
Public participation takes place at the beginning of the regular meeting. Items on the agenda for both the workshop and regular meeting include:
• An application for non-profit “Move for Hunger” to conduct a raffle.
• A resolution to appoint Anthony Nuccio as Americans with Disabilities Act [ADA] compliance officer.
• A resolution to appoint the city manager as ADA grievance officer.
• A public hearing on the 2013 municipal budget.
• An presentation by the city’s tax assessor.
• A presentation on a new road design for Main Street.
• A presentation on concessions to provide private surf lessons on the 8th Avenue beach and paddle board rentals on Deal Lake.
• A presentation on a “Unity in the Community” parade and festival.
• A presentation on a 5k run sponsored by Toast.
In executive session, the council will discuss the city manager position and receive an update on the Springwood Avenue Project from Don Sammet, director of redevelopment and planning.