The city council is scheduled to meet tonight in council chambers at City Hall. A closed executive session will start at 5 p.m., followed by a workshop session at 6 p.m. and a regular council meeting at 7 p.m.
Public participation takes place at the beginning of the regular meeting. Items on the agenda for both the workshop and regular meeting include:
• A presentation by City Engineer Joe Cunha on an application for 2014 Monmouth County Open Space Grant funds for the third phase of Springwood Park.
• A special event application for a memorial service commemorating the S.S. Morro Castle shipwreck.
• A resolution to appoint a second alternate member to the Zoning Board.
• A presentation by Redevelopment and Planning director Don Sammet on a proposed storage shed to be constructed at the Phillip Seaview Towers.
• A public hearing on an ordinance to add a handicapped parking space in front of 302 Third Ave. After the hearing, the council may take action on the ordinance.
In executive session, the council will discuss several personnel issues including the city manager position, the chief municipal finance officer position and appointments to the housing authority and zoning board.
The agendas for tonight’s meeting can be viewed here by clicking the City Council meeting agenda link under the “residents” tab on the left side of the page.